Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am so sick. I can only point the finger of flaming blame at the one person responsible. They know who they are. Shame on you! Its so hot here. I am sick and hot. No one should be sick and hot. You can be sick and due to your sickness, be hot. But not sick in hot weather. Its just too much.
I had an interview today, and I did well. I passed the first round. Ding. There is one more round of interviews and then two people are going to be picked. The interviewer guy, the head of one of the med school departments, looked like a boxer. He had those hooded Mohammed Ali eyes, even though he was white. Of course, the conversation starts with, "Where are you from?" And, "Were you born there?" I respond, "Yes, I am a terrorist. No, I am homegrown here in the US." Is my blog now going to be flagged by the CIA. That would be interesting. I wonder if they will write me comments?
So the guy starts to ask me about the politics in the middle east. WHY? Just because I am middle eastern, am I supposed to know everything that is going on there? Maybe I should have told him I was Mexican. That way I would be a shoe in for the program too. (Oops, did I say that out load. My IP address is dynamic so they will never catch me, Muha ha ha ha. yes, that's my Dr. Evil laugh.)
Throughout the entire interview, I could feel my brain expanding. What if my head exploded? Boom! Brains everywhere. Or what if it was self contained within my skull, like a thermodynamic problem, brains oozing out of my ears and nose, but the heat contained within the system.
I parked illegally in a special permit spot for the interview and I didn't get a ticket (why does that feel soO0 good?) The gods must feel sorry for me. Has anyone read American Gods? Anyone? Its this book about the new gods (like the god of cell phones and wireless internet) vs. The gods of ancient times. Neil Gaimen, baby! The Sandman? Come on, people!
It smells like one of my roommates is cooking or our air conditioner is on fire.
I must go check.

6 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

hahaha shayda, your blog entries crack me up!!!

anyway, good to hear you did well on your interview!!! =D

10:08 PM  
Blogger Camstah said...

or maybe your roommate just smells. period.
interview for what? you can't just jump around and not explain things..........you have to give BACKGROUND....

10:27 PM  
Blogger Shady said...

the program is like a match.com... hooking up grad students up with med students to "work" together

11:17 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

u kno, i thought you were interviewing for your PhD thesis or oral exam or something!!!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Shady said...

lemon pie, you know like the poe song?

6:38 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

who is locas? is that your bf?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home